How to Make a Complaint
To help us understand your concerns and investigate them as quickly as possible, please have the following available when you call, or include them in any email or letter that you send us:
- Your full name, address and case reference number.
- The name of the person(s) to whom you have spoken to within Debt Movement.
- Details of your complaint.
- Copies of any correspondence or documents relating to your complaint.
- How you believe we can resolve your complaint.
What Happens Next?
Initially we would ask you to contact a Client Service Officer who will try to resolve your complaint over the telephone. If you are satisfied with the outcome following this, no further action will be taken.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint at first contact, or you would prefer to submit your complaint in writing, a written acknowledgement will be issued to you no later than five working days from receiving your complaint. Your concerns will be fully investigated by a Complaints Officer along with the Insolvency Practitioner. A final response will be issued to you within eight weeks of the initial receipt of your complaint or we will explain why we are not able to issue a response within that timescale.
During this time the Complaints Officer may need to contact you to seek additional information or clarification regarding your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to make a formal complaint to our regulator:
Richard Teague and Laura Prescott are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners in the UK by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. Their aim is to promote and maintain a high standard throughout the insolvency industry and can be contacted on:
Insolvency Practitioners Association
32 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8PB
The Insolvency Practitioners Association will investigate the conduct of the Insolvency Practitioner and cannot provide you with any financial redress or make decisions particular to your IVA. To complain about your Insolvency Practitioner, you can refer your complaint to the Insolvency Complaints Gateway at any time, or if you remain dissatisfied by our response by:
- Calling the Insolvency Service Enquiry Line on 0300 678 0015 Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Emailing the Insolvency Service on – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completing the online complaints form and posting it to: IP Complaints, Insolvency Service, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA